Menu

Hey everyone, check it out! Game Over... continue? has its very own FaceBook page! Click on the link and 'like' us! Game Over... continue? on FaceBook!!!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Kinect Star Wars (5.2/10)

To read the official full length review follow the link here: Kinect Star Wars.

Despite all the problems, I actually had a few genuine moments of utter nerd glee as I sliced my way through a group of enemies. When it worked as it should, Kinect Star Wars was tolerable. Don't get me wrong, it's still laughably bad... and some of content is borderline insulting to Star Wars purists (especially the new song lyrics). But the fact is that I never felt like a Jedi, which was, of course, the point. I can see how it would have more appeal to a younger audience. Sadly, the good moments are few and far between, and I felt like most of the time I was just struggling against the controls. It was enough to make me want to go over to the dark side! All the tools are there, if only someone could get them to work right. Let me put it another way: I was very aware I was playing a game, and it was one I didn't particularly want to keep playing. There was no sense of immersion. In the end, my desperate struggle against impossible odds wasn't against the Dark Side, but rather against the Kinect.

If you want to read more of my specific thoughts about the game, follow the link to read the full length review at Game Over Online!

Cheers,
Si

Score = 5.2 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment