Menu

Hey everyone, check it out! Game Over... continue? has its very own FaceBook page! Click on the link and 'like' us! Game Over... continue? on FaceBook!!!

Monday, July 9, 2012

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (8.4/10)

To read the official full length review follow the link here: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
 
I love LEGO games and I'm not afraid to admit it! Under the cutesy veneer, simple gameplay meets surprisingly deep level design with clever puzzles and tons of collectibles to find and unlock. The developers, Traveller's Tales, have consistently offered similar (yet enjoyable) experiences based on whichever movie franchise you happen to be playing. I have to admit, I've felt like they had beaten a dead horse after playing the last couple of offerings. So, to their credit, they made some substantial changes to LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes that really worked.

While LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes suffers from a few questionable design decisions, none of the them ultimately detract from what is an excellent adventure. The fact that the characters are no longer silent gave a lot of fans a moment of pause, but I really think it worked for the better... although I'm curious to see how it will work if they stick with movie properties (like the upcoming LEGO Lord of the Rings). But taken as the sum of it's parts, fans of the LEGO series should rejoice! As I said initially, I haven't had this much fun with one of these games since LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. This one is definitely worth checking out!

If you want to read more of my specific thoughts about the game, follow the link to read the full length review at Game Over Online!

Cheers,
Si

Score = 8.4 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment