Menu

Hey everyone, check it out! Game Over... continue? has its very own FaceBook page! Click on the link and 'like' us! Game Over... continue? on FaceBook!!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FIFA Street (7.0/10)

To read the official full length review follow the link here: FIFA Street.

If you've never witnessed some of the amazing footage of street soccer players showing off their tricks, check it out on YouTube sometime. The guys (and girls) have skills that are truly phenomenal: the depth of control seemingly defies physics, their flair is almost artistic. Actually, these athletes are more performance artists than anything. I played soccer a lot growing up, and I've tried to pull off some of the more rudimentary techniques... and almost ended up injuring myself. Seriously, it was frustrating. But it looks so cool! If nothing else, those failures made me realize the insane amount of practice involved in honing these techniques. So having the chance to create my own "Simon" in the new FIFA Street and pretend like I was capable of pulling off some of these moves was an empowering feeling... I just wish the learning curve wasn't so high that I still felt the same frustrations.

It's not that FIFA Street is a bad game per say, but I don't think it works nearly as well as it should. The fact is that FIFA Street was designed specifically for a small percentage of gamers; namely those with the same fanaticism I have. I don't see this appealing to anyone who isn't a diehard footy fan, but then I can't see anyone who isn't a diehard footy fan buying this in the first place. So consider this a warning to temper your expectations football fanatics: FIFA Street is worth playing if you can get past a slew of minor annoyances and some sore thumbs.

If you want to read more of my specific thoughts about the game, follow the link to read the full length review at Game Over Online! 

Cheers,
Si

Score = 7.0 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment