Menu

Hey everyone, check it out! Game Over... continue? has its very own FaceBook page! Click on the link and 'like' us! Game Over... continue? on FaceBook!!!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Major League Baseball 2K12 (5.9/10)

To read the official full length review follow the link here: Major League Baseball 2K12.

I have to admit, I'm at best a fair weather baseball fan. I follow my team throughout the season, enjoy the playoffs, and love going to our minor league park to have a hot dog and a beer in the sunshine. To tell the truth, I haven't played a baseball game in a couple of years, mostly because I heard nothing but bad things about Major League Baseball 2K11. Apparently it didn't work particularly well on a technical level, so you'll understand my hesitation with Major League Baseball 2K12... I wasn't sure what to expect. I have to admit though, I was curious about the possibility of winning a million bucks. For those of you not in the know, the first person to pitch a perfect game won a million dollars! Well, I'm happy to report that I encountered only a few bugs that, while none of them were game breaking, caused some raised eyebrows and a few chuckles. Sadly, pretty much everything else: the core mechanics, graphics, animations, and controls (apart from the pitching) are just plain poor. Honestly, you might be better served taking the year off, saving your money, and maybe seeing a game in person... you know, so you can see how baseball is supposed to be.

If you want to read more of my specific thoughts about the game, follow the link to read the full length review at Game Over Online!  

Cheers,
Si

Score = 5.9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment