Menu

Hey everyone, check it out! Game Over... continue? has its very own FaceBook page! Click on the link and 'like' us! Game Over... continue? on FaceBook!!!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (8.2/10)

To read the official full length review follow the link here: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.
 
There are moments where Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 really gets it right, and those moments are suitably impressive. The first time I holed out from a bunker I was pumping my fist just like the first time I ever did that in real life! It was pretty awesome! It's nice when a game manages to illicit real emotion, even if it just the simple pride of hitting the sweet spot or sinking a big breaking putt. The new swing mechanics work well, and I loved the freedom to experiment with different shots. I was also pleasantly surprised by the Kinect functionality. It won't replace hitting the links with some buddies in the sunshine, but it's definitely a viable alternative on rainy days.

Sadly, for everything Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 does right, the experience is ultimately marred by EA's use of coins to determine so much of the experience. It feels wrong... and I wouldn't have such a problem with it if it didn't cost so much to unlock the extra courses, and that so many of the extra courses are unavailable to you at the beginning. To access it all either involves a major time commitment or shelling out more of my hard-earned money for what I honestly feel like I've already paid for. It's difficult not to feel extorted.

If you want to read more of my specific thoughts about the game, follow the link to read the full length review at Game Over Online!  

Cheers,
Si

Score = 8.2 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment